Scot-Asians proudly displaying the new Muslim tartan at Glasgow City Chambers.
Scotland is about inclusion. That’s they key word from this point on.
That is a beautiful tartan! Here’s the theological explanation behind the design:
– Blue to represent the Scottish Flag
– Green to represent the colour of Islam
– Five white lines running through the pattern to represent the five pillars of Islam
– Six gold lines to represent the six articles of faith
– Black square to represent the Holy Kabah
I didn’t know that either AND IT’S ALSO AWESOME. This post is making me super proud to be like 1/32nd Scottish.