HONG KONG UPDATE 30 AUG 2019: Mass arrests
URGENT: I beg everyone to keep an eye on HK. Pray for us.
Rumours of crackdown on 31 Aug 2019. Fear that Tiananmen 2.0 will occur. Many are writing #HKLastWords on Twitter and literally prepared to be killed and tortured when they go on streets tomorrow.
Full updated list of arrests in the rest of the post (as of 31 Aug 2019 0300).
1. ATTACKED: Jimmy Sham, CHRF convenor
2. ATTACKED: Max Chung KP, applicant of Yuen Long march
3. ARRESTED: Andy Chan, founding covenor of outlawed HK National Party
a. Arrested at airport before trip to speak in Japan
b. On suspicion of rioting and assaulting a police officer
4. ARRESTED: Joshua Wong, Demosisto secretary-general
a. 3 counts of inciting, organising & participating in unlawful assembly on
b. Arrested at 7.30am on the way to South Horizons MTR, forcefully pushed into 7-seater private vehicle on street in broad daylight by 4 men without warrant. On bail.
5. ARRESTED: Agnes Chow, Demosisto
a. 2 counts of inciting & participating in unlawful assembly
b. Arrested at home in Tai Po. On bail.
6. CHARGED: Ivan Lam, Demosisto chairperson
a. For inciting others into unlawful assembly on Harcourt Rd (siege of police HQ) on 21 Jun
b. Is overseas, will be arrested when back.
7. ARRESTED: Rick Hui, Sha Tin district councillor
8. ARRESTED: Athena Suen, ex-HKU student union president
a. For entering Legislative Council on 1 Jul and for conspiracy to damage properties
9. ARRESTED: Cheng Chung-tai, legislative councillor (Civic Passion)
a. Arrested before attending an event in Tin Shui Wai
b. For conspiracy of criminal damage on 1 Jul
10. ARRESTED: AU Nok-hin, legislative councillor (Civic Party)
a. For obstructing discharge of police duty and for assaulting police on 8 Jul (with a megaphone that was “too loud” thereby harming officers’ ears)
11. ARRESTED: Jeremy Tam, legislative councillor (Civic Party)
30 Aug 2019 was a day where these people were arrested at various times through the day, making it an agonising experience.