74th anniversary of the only good thing hitler ever did
Samantha Fallon, owner of the San Jose House Hotel and millinery shop, Tombstone, Arizona, 1879.
from True West Magazine
A P-26 escorts the XB-15
CGN 9 USS Long Beach nuclear.powered guided missile cruiser, the world’s first nuclear-powered surface warship.
Displacement: 15,540 tons
Length: 721 ft 3 in – 219.84 m
Beam: 71 ft 6 in – 21.79 m
Draft: 30 ft 7 in – 9.32 m
Propulsion: 2 C1W nuclear reactors; 2 General Electric turbines; 80,000 shp (60 MW); 2 propellers
Speed: 30 knots – 56 km/h
Complement: 1160 officers and men
- AN/SPS-10 surface search radar
- AN/SPS-12 search radar
- AN/SPS-32 bearing and range radar
- AN/SPS-33 target tracking radar
- AN/SPS-48 3D air search radar
- AN/SPS-49 2D air search radar
- 2 AN/SPG-49 Talos fire control radar
- 4 AN/SPG-55 Terrier fire control radar
- AN/SQS-23 SONAR
- Two twin Terrier guided-missile launchers (later replaced by Mk-10 launchers with Standard SM-1(ER)
- 1 twin Talos missile launcher (later removed)
- 1 8-cell ASROC launcher
- 2 5 inch guns
- 2 Mk-15 Vulcan-Phalanx 20mm CIWS
- 2 triple 12.75 inch ASW torpedo tubes for Mk-44 or Mk-46 ASW torpedoes
- Launchers for 8 Harpoon missiles added later
- 2 Armored Box Launchers for a total of eight Tomahawk cruise missiles replaced the Talos launcher
Aviation facilities: landing pad available for one helicopter
USS Long Beach (CGN 9) as seen through the periscope of the USS Plunger (SSN 595).
Republican Militia member poses next to a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Spanish Civil War.
Photo Manuel Cervera.